Sciatica is not a diagnosis but a symptom where pain or pain radiating from the hip or lower back into the leg and sometimes all the way into the foot. Sciatica pain usually disappears gradually, but if you have not eliminated the symptoms within two to three weeks, then you should contact the health center.
If you have difficulty controlling urine and feces or loses sensation in the genital area should seek emergency care. Because pain is often intense, pain killer and anti-inflammatory medications can give a temporary relief. If you experience pain in your leg, you should see a chiropractor, who can set the correct diagnosis and help you further. Proper treatment at an early stage can shorten the course of the disease and prevent long-term problems.
What you can do yourself?
- Cold treatment or icing: place an ice pack on the lower lumbar spine in approximately 10-15 minutes. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Sit as little as possible. The pressure on the disk is greatest when sitting.
- Lie on your back on the floor and put up a chair under your legs.
- Try to find the movements and postures that reduce the pain in leg and avoid movements that increase the pain.
- A little movement is good even if you have severe pain. Just walk around the house rather many short walks.
- Use painkillers if needed.
- Massaging or let someone massage the thighs, seat and lower legs. This can give relief.
- Stir in the toe and ankle to stimulate neural pathways in muscles.
Active Release Chiropractic treatment For Sciatica:
If you have sciatica then choose chiropractic treatment option. The aim of treatment is to restore good joint function and reduce pain. Mostly chiropractor uses a number of techniques and methods to restore normal function of the joints, muscles, connective tissue and nervous system. This improves the blood circulation so that the repair process in the nerve and the disk is stimulated and harmful toxins that irritate the nerve carried away.